Some Superantispyware questions

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Biscuit, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adric

Adric Registered Member

For some reason, I don't think you like communicating with me :) All I did was open the main menu - nothing else. No scan no nothing. and the CPU imediatedly goes from max 0-40% back to 0-1%

So, if I follow what you are saying, real-time processing does not enumeratie processes when the main menu is simply open and idle. Is that correct?

If so, in what other cases does real-time not need to enumerate processes?

Al

2. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Al - you are misinterpreting my responses - I have no problem communicating and answering any question you, or any other user, has regarding our product or security in general. You are sensing my frustration in the fact that the real-time and CPU usage issue has been covered indepthly here and on our SAS forums, and you have kept both threads going back and forth and coming up with the "what if" scenarios just to keep the conversation going - my, and my staffs time is valuable, and I would rather spend it furthering the development of our product(s) than answering the same question over and over on two different forums.

For the record - you will see CPU spikes are various times when the real-time protection is active - the CPU usage is for a SMALL (millisecond(s)) slice of time and will not hurt your overall system performance. SUPERAntiSpyware uses its internal intelligence to determine when it needs to and when it does not need to employ different aspects of the real-time scanning.

I hope this answers the question for you - if not, I can certainly provide additional responses.

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Spike the hell out of my pc, if you get rid of the spyware on it. You can beat this dead horse all you want but, Nick has a great product and in the AS department, I would say the best. So spike me.

4. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Nick, I am not coming up with "what if" scenarios just to keep the thread going. What I reported is what I'm seeing on my system and this will be my last post on the subject so you and your staff can get on with your daily business.

You explained why I see these spikes, but you never made it clear to me why the spikes were appearing for longer periods of time and why sometimes the opposite was true (no noticable spikes for very long periods of time) - until now, when you made the statement:

"SUPERAntiSpyware uses its internal intelligence to determine when it needs to and when it does not need to employ different aspects of the real-time scanning."

Ciao, Al

5. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Please don't get me wrong. I know the product is good and I really didn't want this to drag out as it has. I just had a hard time reading between the lines :D

My apologies to those of you that I may have annoyed with my numerous appends.

Al (spike, spike) Adric

6. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Well, between the lines is that it has small spikes that in my expierence has never slowed down my computer, and I can't even tell they are spikes at all, they are non existence to me. That is all and nothing more, I hope it clears up for you.

7. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Spikes in CPU are normal, even 40% to me, heck i've experienced spikes of nearly 100% courtesy IE so theres really no serious concern as regards SuperAntiSpyware.

I been using it regularly myself for sometime now and it runs like a striped cat and bites the fire out of a lot of the toughest malware running loose today.

Malware on the other hand can put one heck of a strain on the CPU and a lot of them are poorly designed enough to gum things up in that manner.

8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: No def. update since Feb.9. My data sits at 3182/1192. Has been quiet at this front or something else ? A bit odd. o_O

9. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We have been updating some of our smart definitions and have another release today to handle some tougher rootkits.

10. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks; Hi, nick, lighting-speed response, indeed. And good work, too. That why I like your product. :)

11. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

My definition of ironry;)

I had a bonus day of work today so inline with some current topic's elsewhere i decided to take a break from malware harvesting to do a spot of software testing versus some of my collection of rootkit trojans.

Unlucky Nick its def set 3182 thats being put through its paces:p

Unfortunetly it would not be fair on the other tested softwares to update to include the new smart rules when available:thumb:

12. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Hi,

Can SAS run in silent mode and still protect me real-time and run my scheduled scans without using the system tray or without having the main menu active?

Al

13. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

It can't do the real-time or scheduling without the icon running in the system tray as of now.

14. seadog

seadog Registered Member

I am running nod32 & SAS pro. My PC has never been happier. Fast, smooth & stable.

15. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I'm running KIS6 Suite plus System Safety Monitor plus AVG "guard" resident and SAS runs very well with everything else in play over here.

16. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I am trying SuperAdBlocker with the built in SAS. Is the real time protection in this set-up the same as the realtime protection in SAS Pro? Also, I have heard there are some features not present in the SAB/SAS combo- what are they? I am happy with the auto updates and scheduled scanning but just wondering what else is in the Pro version.

FWIW- I am also running NOD32, SSM, Snoopfree and an old Norton firewall (yeah, I know) and things are going pretty smoothly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.