Some observations about F-Secure IS 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jaodsvuda, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaodsvuda

jaodsvuda Registered Member

- does not context-menu scan folders with Unicode names ( "0 objects scaned")
    - disappearing of contex-menu scan function when approaching to scan e.g. 7-zip file with unicode name
    - abnormally huge update downloads (25-30 minutes !!!) after playing any PC-game - otherwise updating is normal
    - choking on larger archives (the latest & greatest was - going into some kind of loop during CryENGINE 3 SDK zip-archive scan) :ouch:
    - choking on larger installers (e.g. GoG - "Good Old Games" exe´s)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  2. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

3. guest

guest Guest

You could report it to Fsecure and maybe they will fix some of the problems if future updates.

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/request

4. jaodsvuda

Yes,I could...but,than again...i´m gonna be stuck with it just´till begining of November (and it isn´t worth giving my personal data to them) ,so - regular users/beta testers ,it´s up to you to check this further.

5. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

I don't think f-secure is going to solve these issues in the near future, they didn't solve them for some years now. these are "old" issues. it is also choking on opening directories with many *.avi files.

6. jaodsvuda

To bad...It´s a (boringly) decent family app,plus a cheaper one in my part of Europe (around 19 € per PC)...but it´s not for me (dealing with a bunch of mods and other stuff on a monthly basis).:doubt:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  7. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I'm quite surprised these issues weren't fixed, I remember encountering them about two or three years ago. Didn't think too much of it at the time though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.