some difficulties with nod32 V3

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by puma_one, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puma_one

puma_one Registered Member

Hello,

I was very satisfied about the version 2.7 of nod32 (with PC Vista).

Recently I made an upgrade to version 3 (french version) but I have now some problems :

1- When I ask a deep analysis, I take about 1h30 minutes, and the journal do not work very well, from time to time he is empty of almost empty. When you want to close the windows "Journal", then you must close Nod32...
    The smart scanning work faster (+/-30 minutes) and the journal works well.

2- Every email is accompagned with a message talking about "a decompacting problem"...

Do you have any idea to resolve those difficulties.

Thank you

Puma_one

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The scan time depends on your computer parameters (processor speed , RAM amount , etc) + the files that are being scanned . Moreover , there might be another real-time program conflicting with NOD32 , working at the same time , double scanning the files.

Known bug , I have found . It might look empty , however it is very full and here is where the problem comes from - the user interface (GUI) egui.exe stops responding because it simply can't show all files in the records/report logs/"journals" . A workaround would be to manually delete all log files and stop logging all files options . However , I would advise you something else.

Understanable and expected as it uses less "aggressive" settings , let's say it so.

By default , the on-demand scanner should not be scanning email files as this option is disabled . Scanning emails is email and real-time file system protection modules' job.

1. Make sure there are NO other security applications (antivirus and antispyware installed) . Only NOD32 and your firewall , WD acceptable.
    2. Make sure UAC will be enabled during the installation
    3. Perform reinstallation of the program using the following instuctions and use only the default settings of ESET NOD32 after reinstallation . Do not change the default settings :

You mention French NOD32 - if your Windows is in Frech , the name of the folders and places might be different.

3. puma_one

puma_one Registered Member

Thanks a lot for your very instructive answer !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.