solution to unreadable displays of BartPE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by johnsuperking, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BartPE displays no recognizable characters

Hi, friends, BartPE seems a good tool to create and restore a image. But my WinXP Pro SP2 is a Chinese version, so when a BartPE disk is made, the instruction the windows give are just a chain of small boxes rather than recognizable characters or letters. I wonder if anyone can help me solve this problem.

Thanks

JohnSuperking

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Re: BartPE displays no recognizable characters

Your kidding us right?!! With a user name like johnsuperking, why would you be using a Chinese version of Win XP o_O.

If it's merely an esoteric hypothetical question then please stop wasting people's time. If it's not then please disregard this remark.

Regards

3. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

If you are serious, then try adding this plugin:

Simplified Chinese

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello John,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The problem is that Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE uses system fonts. Since you use Chinese version of Windows, we cannot guarantee that English Acronis plug-in will work properly on it.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Re: BartPE displays no recognizable characters

To: Menorcaman,

If you're not a serious helper, just stop there! Just let serious helpers offer their help. Do remember that every buyer of ATI has his/her right to correct problems through forum discuss, no matter what name he/she uses on the web and what language version of Windows he/she uses. There should be a solution to every problem. I wouldn't be surprised if you use a Greek or Russian or some other verions of Windows.

johnsuperking

To: beenthereb4,

Thanks a lot for your serious help. I'll try the plug-in you provided.

johnsuperking

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, johnsuperking

I think you will find that Menorcaman is not only a very serious helper, but all so one of the most frequent helpers.

And I am very sure there are lurkers that come visit here to do just that Waste Time, and as Menorcaman said If it's not then please disregard this remark. so was said in a way not to cause offence.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

7. presrc

presrc Registered Member

Menorcaman is the most valuable contributor I have ever seen on any forum. Why don't you two start over?

8. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Yes, sadly it's true, Menorcaman is approx. 10X more polite than I. (And perhaps 50x more patient) --- as demonstrated by his apology in advance.

9. Re: BartPE displays no recognizable characters

Hi, TheQuest and presrc,

Thanks. I am very serious. I bought ATI 8.0 for my new Dell Latitude D610 notebook (WinXP Pro SP2 Simplified Chinese). The ATI works fine when it creates an image, but takes three hours to restore (from hard-disk). I posted a thread some days ago asking for help. And then I found a thread about the superb BartPE. I tried it, but found unrecognizable boxes. I'm just asking for help. I'm sure you see this as normal, not kidding. Thanks for your comments.

johnsuperking

10. Re: BartPE displays no recognizable characters

To: beenthereb4,

Thanks for the plug-in. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I have to continue seeking another solution.

johnsuperking

11. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, beenthereb4

No, credit where credits due, you are MR Politeness & Patients.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

12. Re: BartPE displays no recognizable characters

Hi, friends,

Where there is a will, there is a way! I've solved the problem!

I used an English version Windows as the source when making the BartPE bootable disk instead of my OEM Dell Windows of Chinese version . It works. Hope those who use non-western language operating systems will find this helpful.

johnsuperking

13. Hi, friends,

I encountered a problem a few days ago. I made a BartPE disk by using my OEM Dell windows of Chinese version. But when I tried to boot my Dell Latitude D610 (Chinese Windows operating system) with the BartPE, I found that only chains of small boxes are displayed rather than readable letters or characters. Today I tried an English Windows disk as the source for making the BartPE, instead of the Chinese windows disk. It was a success! I wish anyone using non-western operating systems would find this info helpful.

johnsuperking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.