SOLUTION to missing first keystroke and hints for support to solve it

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by aieie, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aieie

aieie Registered Member

Hello,

After tons of PC on which I installed Webroot me, too, experienced the frustrating first keystroke not appearing in Google, Youtube and so on.

The PC was XP SP3 fully updated and just installed, no garbage on it.

So, what was different?
    Being my dad computer this time I didn't choose English as installation language but I choose Italian.

And here started the weirdness:

- you know, when you install webroot you see a screen showing all the details of the first install while they are going on; this time I only saw the usual Webroot main screen saying "SCAN IN PROGRESS" and showing that the protection were down. All went green at the end but this is not as you usually see the first install of the product

- with Webroot installed in Italian, I could go to the advanced settings, change parameters and apply them without any confirmation captcha. Another not normal thing

- and at the end the first keystroke bug.

Uninstalled Webroot, rebooted and tried again, in Italian again.
    Same weirdness.

Uninstalled webroot, rebooted and installed it choosing English: this time all went as expected during first install and no first keystroke bug showed.

So:

1) If you have this problem using a foreign installed Webroot I'm pretty sure that unistalling it and reinstalling it in English will solve the problem.

2) For Support (ehm, Joe? :)) : in order to reproduce it I think you should have an Italian XP SP3 fully updated system and install on it Webroot choosing Italian as language. Don't know if your keyboard has to be Italian.......mine is :)
    If it can help I can provide an original XP image (taken from original CD, I mean)......I think it'd be legal since I wouldn't provide any Windows activation key.

Hope this can help to troubleshoot the thing.

Best Regards

2. Hybride_F1

Hybride_F1 Registered Member

Hi,
    i had this annoying first keystroke bug too that really kept me from using Webroot. I did like you mentioned and i can confirm installing the program in english solves the keystroke bug.
    Thank you very much for this find!

3. fblais

fblais Registered Member

They're pretty aware of the problem, and they know it's related to some localizations. I gave up and went with other security programs, FWIW.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Thanks for the additional information :thumb: We have a few changes coming in the next build which should improve this behavior - please let me know your results once it's available. I'll post back here in case you want to subscribe to be notified of the release.

Thanks!

5. webbit

webbit Registered Member

I had this but only on my wireless keyboard, going back to wired cured it, if this helps.

6. aieie

aieie Registered Member

Nope, my dad has a usb cabled keyboard...........wireless is not an issue in his case.

7. Hybride_F1

Hybride_F1 Registered Member

Same here. I am using cabled usb keyboard too.

8. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Thanks for the feedback everyone - I can confirm that this is fixed now in the next build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.