Software update detection

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by someuser8, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. someuser8

someuser8 Registered Member

It's great that eset now detects that you need windows updates, however, for this to be really useful it would be good if they could do this for all software, as it's not just OS software that is exploited by malware these days, and it's the issue of trying to keep all your software uptodate free of exploits that is the real issue imo.

Especially web browsers, codecs, browser plugins etc.

Could you please consider this functionality please.

I know if you look at http://www.securityfocus.com or nvd.nist.gov/ for example you would probably never use a computer, but in reality half of my software probably isn't up to date other than the OS - and I have no idea which software has the biggest potential vunerabilities that could be exploited by malware (best to stop at source than to try and catch the malware isn't it? - and the malware adapts to exploit the same flaw in some cases surely)

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

3. someuser8

someuser8 Registered Member

Brilliant, perfect thanks. This is the kind of thing I think eset should include in sysinspector or smart security!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.