Software Uninstaller

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by UPSer, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

I prefer total uninstall to revo because some apps require reboot to complete installation/uninstallation.Revo cant handle that whereas TU auto starts and continues the uninstallation after a reboot.I have noticed with TU ,that sometimes after uninstalling it ,a user should check the log on the right pane.Sometimes it will show errors where it couldnt (for whatever reasons locked/in use files etc) remove those parts.Usually right clicking these errors after the first uninstallation removes those remnants too.
    ellison

2. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

for evaluating new softwares,most thorough uninstall is the use of FDISR,if you did'nt like it,copy/update from archive to current snapshot and everything,bit for bit is gone,but then i am the lucky owner of this wonderfull stuff,sorry for the others.

3. greenhorn113

greenhorn113 Registered Member

With Revo I select restart later then run the Revo clean up options, registry then files then reboot.

4. TVH

TVH Registered Member

Lol Fd-ISR is fantastic. One of the best applications ever created in my opinion

5. James52

James52 Registered Member

I have heard much praise for FD-ISR, but I get the impression it has been discontinued. Anyone know where I can obtain a copy?
    BTW I was referring to dedicated "snapshot" monitoring type uninstallers in my previous post.

Thanks

6. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Sorry for you but sadly there no sellers or resellers anymore.

7. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

But fd isr is not just an uninstaller is it?.and pretty much overkill for such an operation?
    ellison

8. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Until you get struck with a bad uninstall,and you're at a loss what to do.With FDISR its simply reboot to secundary snapshot and copy/update your primary from archive,thats it, a 100 % uninstall !

Sure FDISR can do many more,only restriction is your imagination !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.