So, the startup "scan" is gone in version 5?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by acillatem, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acillatem

acillatem Registered Member

I'm running 5.0.94.0 and I just noticed there was no start up scan when I restarted my computer. I'm not complaining, version 4 would just about hold my computer hostage for at least a few minutes. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Yes, the two Automatic startup file check boxes are checked, but is that it? Thanks in advance!

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

The scheduled start-up settings have not changed other than appearing different in the UI.

Have you tweaked any of the settings ?

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

No it's not gone, it has been "delayed" a little so all system processes can start up before the start-up scan. But if you look at the tray icon it should start spinning after a while and if you put your cursor on it it should say something like "start up scan is running" but in V5 it's VERY quick 1-5 Sec so be alert :)

4. acillatem

O.k.......that must be the difference then, I'm used to it spinning right away for the first few minutes after booting up, and basically holding the computer hostage. It must be much quicker now, as I've yet to notice it. Thanks!

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

These should all be listed under the improvements and changes to the v5 engine

6. acillatem

Yeah, I noticed it today. It's even more of a pain in the ass now. Today it started up after a few minutes and again, held my computer hostage for at least a few minutes, not 1-5 seconds. I'm getting really tired of this program now.

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

It is Normal that it starts after a few minutes, BUT it is NOT NORMAL that it takes a few minutes until it's done.
    Because as I said 1-5 or 1-10 Seconds is the normal amount of time it should take. Though that's without that the PC is taken hostage.

Hmmm I can't really say why it is taking so long until it's done for you :doubt:

8. acillatem

Thanks! Yeah, my scans are now taking an hour and a half as well, so I'm ready to get rid of this program. I used to think it was great, not now.

9. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yeah those Scan times are not normal either :doubt:

Hmmm.... maybe an uninstallation and a fresh install might be worth a try?

Also wait for an reply from the ESET staff they may have a clue ;)
    EDIT: I see you have created a thread about the scan time issue Good :thumb:

10. acillatem

I did that yesterday, and even tried version 4....same thing, an hour and a half. Uninstalled that, put version 5 back on, no difference. I hope they have a solution, because I'll dump this program after quite a few years if they don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.