So killdisk virus will kill FDISR and make disk unrecoverable?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Horus37, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Thanks - although I do use FD-ISR on one machine I mainly rely on full Acronis images for protection. As I no interest in playing with this stuff my only concern was that it might have been picked up naturally - rather than tested deliberately.

2. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I would enter a request for it myself but since i honor Peter2150's results with Power Shadow theres really no point in that now. Only that it's generous of him to have experimented with it from a Shadow Protect perspective and found it wanting :eek: It is very good to know under that controlled environment exactly what can be expected and the remedy for it.

Thnx, we all gain greatly from the sharing of those results.

3. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Presumably Paragon would not have a problem ?

4. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Now that brings up yet another point of interest i think everyone would like to know Long View. Looks like some additional try-outs await those results too. Peter2150 is been conducting similar experiments i always enjoy doing with malware at security programs designed to intercept and otherwise alert to dangers but his is the ultimate test of wills in any software program, the ability to determine if our Recovery app of choice can rescue from that potential of certain doom.

I'd like to name his KillDisk recovery process as the Zero hour solution. ;)

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Longview. It wasn't just Shadow Protect, but also Acronis that I tested. It also failed. Acronis Disk Director was of no use as it never even saw the disk. I doubt Paragon, or for that fact any of the image recovery programs would fare any better. They would have to use their own code for the partition checking as opposed to using the microsoft calls which is highly unlikely.

The SP IT Edition has the partition editor built in, but otherwise you have to use the Microsoft Windows CD and run DiskPart to delete the partition.

6. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Peter,

PowerShadow will not run on RAID 0. I tested it about a month ago.

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Okay. Thanks. Never hurts to try.

8. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

That's not to say it never will. I'll try to pass that on to the forums and see if someone there can return an answer either up or down as regards future versions as to do with RAID.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.