Snapshot not working correctly....

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by dja2k, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

The latest Raxco version makes the same errors for me, so its not the software version itself.

dja2k

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Not a bad idea.

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Okay guys, I have moved back to the official Raxco FirstDefense-ISR. Still can't nail down the problem, but learning more as I keep encountering it. Like I said previously, I think its a registry problem and\or some files are being locked and not being able to copy correctly. I have no idea what is locking them though. I did do some hardening, maybe some of that caused this errors. Does Firstdefense use MS Software Shadow Copy service because if it does, its not turning it on.

dja2k

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  4. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

This actually isn't a support forum at all. It's just a place to hang out for FD-ISR users, regardless of the name of the reseller.
    Some people here worship Raxco like nothing else, but there is no reason to disciminate non-Raxco customers.

5. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Hey don't tell me, ErikAlbert said it first for us not to mention Leapfrog, and I was just stating an opinion on the topic. Besides who said anything about support, I am just asking these other posters in this thread, whom use FD-ISR, if they can help me. Last I heard, it is still a free country where I live, if I want to ask a question, I can.

dja2k

6. Dina

Dina Registered Member

I have mine turned off and FDISR is working fine.

Cheers

7. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Just to share my experience here... I did install today the Leapfrog version. The reason is that I am using a non-English version of Windows XP and the Raxco version is not compatible yet...

So far no problem at all, I manage to make my first snapshot without any glitch!In the next few days, whenever I have some time, I will play with the program to get use to.

If anyone has any comments or advices, please feel free to do so.:)
    Thanks

8. ErikAlbert

Work at least with two snapshots : a healthy one to rollback and one for working. That's the most important thing in the beginning.

9. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Did you boot to the snapshot you made to see if it works correctly and is error free?

dja2k

10. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

ErikAlbert thanks for the advice, I know you have quite a bit of experience with FDISR.;)

dja2k, not yet, it's time to go to bed for me now, I weak up at 5.00 A.M. tomorrow morning to go to work.
    I will try it in the afternoon and let you know.:)

11. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

The forum is for discussing Leapfrog's product First Defense. But going to Leapfrogs site, it is fairly clear the product is distributed by 3 resellers each of whom is responsible for technical support. Not necessarily Raxco, although that is with whom most of us have dealt.

dja2k is having an issue that clearly seems need of support, but none of the resllers will support the Leapfrog version as they haven't worked with it. Best bet would be to dry the Raxco version(I am prejudiced) and then if the problem persists contact Raxco support. They will indeed help.

Pete

12. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I have said this before - Leapfrog need to make their download available to resellers only via some other means if they don't want JoeBloggs to try it out from their site. And the registration box is also misleading if you do try out their 14-day trial because apart from the fact you can't purchase the product from them, serial numbers/licence codes aren't added that way anyway as I discovered before going to Raxco last year.

Or maybe Leapfrog should consider selling the product? At the end of the day, the program is the same whichever vendor you choose albeit some minor aesthetic changes. As Peter pointed out in another thread, each vendor will test so they know how it works etc. so that they can best support it when customers make their enquiries and check against other software under different versions and scenarios.

I imagine any bugs discovered after the product has been released by Leapfrog are more than likely reported to them by the resellers - this may have happened with the recent update on the Leapfrog site hence there being a new release in such a short time, but I do appreciate others may have informed Leapfrog directly.

13. ErikAlbert

Most members use FDISR longer than me, but I did alot of tests with FDISR.
    Start learning the "copy/update" function first and try to understand how it works. It's the most used function in FDISR. You also can "rename" and remove snapshots :)

14. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I do have the Raxco version, but I was looking around and found the newer Leapfrog version. I read about both running the same serial verification and would update as well. Anyways, besides the point, I am back at Raxco's FirstDefense so you guys won't start saying more remarks about Leapfrog and making me feel stupid by using the Leapfrog version. I uninstalled Raxco's FD-ISR to start fresh and I got these errors when deleting all saying delete file failed with error 0x5, have you guys seem them before. Can those files be removed manually?

dja2k

15. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

I didn't mean to offend you, dja2k.
    I'm sure that your problems have nothing to do with the release you installed: Raxco, Leapfrog Software, Spursuits or Peer Software.
    It's great that users find support here, but this forum is not an extension of Raxco's customer support or Raxco's sales department.
    And when you would like to try the 172 build that you can download of the leapfrogsoftware website, it's nobody's business to make you feel like that is wrong.

16. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Its very clear to me why you have in your sig "Misunderstandings are my expertise" becasue you totally misunderstood my postings. I am not looking for company support, I never do because most of the time, they are not experts at all, just bookies that think they know more than us when they don't. I first go with what other people say and I now know that Peter2150 and ErikAlbert are using it and might help out on a personal level. If I can't reslove my problem, I will just remove FD-ISR, no problem there.

dja2k

17. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I also hope you didn't take my comments, the wrong way. Don't assume Raxco support won't help, not true. If they can''t help, they are the conduit to leapfrog. When I ran into the bug I found, they were great, in getting back up help from the developers(leapfrog). They came back at me with several test programs to help determine exactly what was going on, and finally solved the problem. If FDISR is worth it to you(it is to me), then contact Raxco tech support and work it thru with them. They WILL help.

Pete

18. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Thanks Peter2150 and the rest of you for your posts. I will see what happens with the tech support if I decide to contact them.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.