Snap Deploy 2.152 won't deploy image

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by stevem7, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevem7

stevem7 Registered Member

On multiple Dell PCs (GX755, GX745, GX620) I have a problem where when I want to deploy a known working image on these machines, using the template wizard, the final step is hitting the "Proceed" button, and when I do, after a few seconds (after the deployment progress shows "15%"), the target machine reboots and the wizard stops. I USED to be getting error messages, but after I went to the "Tools/Show Log" option and erased the errors, now I don't get ANY messages anymore, good or bad. So unfortunately I can't tell you exactly what they said, but it was something to the effect of not being "able to write to c:\program files\acronis\....".

I've uninstalled/reinstalled Snap Deploy, have the latest release, have them both on the same subnet, tried Uni- and Multi-cast, tried disabling the Dell's native SATA support (changing it to Legacy or Combination mode), the same thing happens all the time.

About at my wit's end here. Any ideas would be helpful, thank you. Or if anybody can at least tell me how I can start showing messages in my log again that would be nice.

2. deskside1

deskside1 Registered Member

Stevem7,

the only thing i can think of is: do you check the option to extend the size of the partition to the whole new disk size ?
    I never could get this option working, so now i don't use it.
    Otherwise i hqve imaged a lot of dells D620 GX520 GX745 GX755 with no trouble. Only imaging the D630 has been difficult, but finally succeeded.

3. stevem7

stevem7 Registered Member

Thanks Deskside,,

I tried your suggestion. Still get the reboot. This time I get message "There are no free licenses on {IP addy of management console computer}". I look in my License Server console, everything looks OK there as far as I can tell. I even completely uninstalled and reinstalled everything, and still get the reboot as soon as I start deploying with this error message.

Thanks anyway though.
    o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.