smitfraudfix question

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by RSpanky, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSpanky

RSpanky Registered Member

I ran a Dr. web cure-it scan yesterday and it come up with 30 infections and one of them was smitfraudfix so I deleted everything in the quarentine folder an another scan nothing come up that time. So I am wondering if my machine is clean, should I run another scan with smitfraudfix but if I do I'm not sure what to do if something reappears and how to handle it Thanks RSpanky. Oh by the way I have Prevx3 real time, defensewall reaql time and sandboxie on demand I always run my browser sandboxed, not sure what happens

2. Toby75

Toby75 Registered Member

3. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Re: smitfraudfix

Also, Malwarebytes anti-malware, Super Anti-spyware.

Rerun Dr. Web Cure it in safe mode.

Review malware removal videos @ remove-malware.com

4. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

I run these tools in Safemode I don't see SmithFraudFix showing up as pest nor with PrevX Business version it come out clean. I ran MBM and SAS both sure the same. You might have something else on your system. Run GMER and see what you get and Catchme.exe

5. RSpanky

I have ran superanti spyware,malware bytes, they both come up clean. I will try Dr web cure-it in safe mode to see what happens. As far as Mcafee it says my browser is not excepted I am using firefox. I will run these scans again to see what happens. Then I will try Gmer Thanks

6. RSpanky

I ran a Dr web cure-it in safe mode and it come with Process.exe C/windows system 32 Tool.Prockill what is this. when tried to cure,move,rename it said it was incurable so I deleted it. I am going to run a Gmer scan be back

7. RSpanky

Thanks for all the suggestions, I ran a custom scan in my Documents and Settings and that took care of my problem, Again Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.