slow start-up

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by johnjames, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnjames

johnjames Registered Member

NOD32 v.2 is having problems on bootup - holds me up for more than 2 mins on a fast PC. have tried all alternatives in the Options, makes no difference.

I once had Norton 2004 and uninstalled it and cleaned out my drive with System Mechanic. To my knowledge there is nothing of Symantic left here. I have checked in Runedit etc.

Any ideas?

2. kenw

kenw Registered Member

Symantec leaves stuff in Documents and Settings. Program Files\Common Files
    Live update also has it's own uninstall option.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Marcos beat me to it - try what he has suggested first.

And then there's the parts that are commonly left behind when using the built in un-installer for each component. Can't tell you if system mechanic gets it all or not.

If you have any network utilities they could be impacting on NOD32 starting up also. Just to test, try disabling IMON (grey icon, not red) temporarily and rebooting. Does it still take a while to boot?

Also, XP (if that's what you're using) has a wonderful 'feature' or re-organising the startup order in an attempt to boot quicker. You may fine a utility like 'Startup Delayer' by 'r2 studios' useful to get things happening in the right order so that they don't interfere with each other.

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  5. pc-support

pc-support Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.