Slow Restore from a secondary Laptop HDD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Autobengal, Dec 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autobengal

Autobengal Guest

I installed a secondary internal hard drive in my Dell Inspirion 8600. To back up with minimal compression takes about 15 minutes. However, to restore the image
    takes well over Two hours. I can't figure out why. Does anyone have a clueo_O? Thank you.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I Assume you create the image using TI Windows mode and restore after booting into TI rescue mode. In which case, it's probably an Acronis Linux device driver/HD controller issue. Can you create a "Safe" version of the rescue CD and boot/restore from that? The safe boot rescue media uses BIOS and DOS functions (rather than Linux drivers) to access the hardware.

Regards

3. Autobengal

Autobengal Guest

I have TI 8 on a several desktops and this has never happened. I use Acronis recovery manager as well as a boot disk and on just my laptop the restore process is quite long. However, it restores in 15 minutes if I partition a backup portion of my main drive. So I am baffled.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Restoring from a second partition on your first HD using TI recue mode seems o.k. so it can't be a Linux driver/HD controller issue (I'm assuming your second HD is connected to the same controller as the first). Are you able to set the transfer mode of the second HD independently in your laptop's BIOS? If so, what's it currently set at - Int13, PIO/DMA or UDMA ?

5. autobengal

autobengal Guest

There are no options for that...

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.