Slow internet download speed

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by richtig, Apr 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richtig

richtig Registered Member

I have recently been experiencing a dramatic slowdown on the input (download) side of my modem. Sites such as www.dslreports.com which are normally very fast for me had slowed to a crawl. Using a tool such as LanSpeed I could see the brief upload packets, a few download packets, long pause, dribble of a few bytes, etc. I could find no fault with the landline, my modem, nor the ISPs equipment. In desperation, I used the time-honored method of un-installing the most recent application installed - in this case, MRU-Blaster. There was no initial change, but with a re-boot things came back to "normal".

Am I imagining things, or could MRUB cause this?

BTW, I always have a problem with this site in terms of speed - don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for the service; I just wonder what the problem is.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I highly doubt MRU-Blaster could have been the problem. (And had it been the cause, uninstalling should have fixed it immediately.)

It is possible, though, that you had the MRU-Blaster Scheduler set to too frequent an interval. (Did you have it enabled?)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. richtig

richtig Registered Member

Yes, the scheduler was enabled - 5 minutes I think.
    In any case, I am now beginning to believe that the WinXP TCP/IP stack was corrupt. I had later symptoms which were cured by resetting the stack and re-booting.

Thank you for answering...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.