Skype 4 for Linux review - Jolly good

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Here be nice little review and screenshot tour of Skype 4 for Linux, including installation attempts in Fedora and Ubuntu, look & feel, audio and video (web camera) functionality, system menu integration, and more. Enjoy.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/skype-4.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. BrandiCandi

BrandiCandi Guest

This is pretty exciting for me. I love Skype because it's so easy to use and so easy to connect with people halfway around the globe.

You must have been in the room with me last time I Skyped on a Windows machine. A lady really shouldn't string so many curse words together at one time. :D

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

So, no one concerned with the fact that Microsoft can monitor/keep/modify/whatelse Skype calls? I believe I've read something about that... :doubt:

4. BrandiCandi

BrandiCandi Guest

If you're having national security conversations over skype then you're a fool anyway. I guess I'm an incredibly boring person- there's nothing I could possibly say over Skype that would concern me in the least if Microsoft listened in.

That's what IRC is for ;)

5. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Not that I got any. But, as an European citizen I dislike what Microsoft is doing 100%. We're getting to a day and age where if you want to use something, it's either all or nothing.

Heck, even to have a new Gmail account it's now needed to provide a mobile number!! No mobile number, no account. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.