Skipping individual files when scanning...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by burf, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burf

burf Registered Member

Maybe I'm missing something, but can't seem to find how to bypass certain files, when doing a scan & clean.

A couple of programs I use, have certain files, that NOD detects as zip files filled with hundreds of files. So when I scan, I'll get hundreds of entries in my scan log (see below). The file in the 1st example is 2.8MB.
    Is there a way to configure the scan to skip specific non-threatening files (not extensions)?

Thanks!!

A small segment of the *A* files, from a scanlog:

C:\Program Files\Norton CleanSweep\clnsweep.cfg »ZIP »ACCUSET.EXE - error - password-protected file
    C:\Program Files\Norton CleanSweep\clnsweep.cfg »ZIP »ACDSEE32.EXE - error - password-protected file
    C:\Program Files\Norton CleanSweep\clnsweep.cfg »ZIP »ACLT.EXE - error - password-protected file
    C:\Program Files\Norton CleanSweep\clnsweep.cfg »ZIP »ACME.EXE - error - password-protected file
    C:\Program Files\Norton CleanSweep\clnsweep.cfg »ZIP »ACRODIST.EXE - error - password-protected file
    C:\Program Files\Norton CleanSweep\clnsweep.cfg »ZIP »Acroexch.exe - error - password-protected file
    C:\Program Files\Norton CleanSweep\clnsweep.cfg »ZIP »acrord32.exe - error - password-protected file
    C:\Program Files\Norton CleanSweep\clnsweep.cfg »ZIP »ACROREAD.EXE - error - password-protected file

Another one from Adaware:

C:\Program Files\Ad-Aware\Skins\Ad-Aware SE default.ask »ZIP »Ad-Aware SE Default.skn - error - password-protected file
    C:\Program Files\Ad-Aware\Skins\Ad-Aware SE default.ask »ZIP »arrow1.bmp - error - password-protected file
    C:\Program Files\Ad-Aware\Skins\Ad-Aware SE default.ask »ZIP »arrow2.bmp - error - password-protected file
    C:\Program Files\Ad-Aware\Skins\Ad-Aware SE default.ask »ZIP »bck1.bmp - error - password-protected file
    C:\Program Files\Ad-Aware\Skins\Ad-Aware SE default.ask »ZIP »bt11.bmp - error - password-protected file
    C:\Program Files\Ad-Aware\Skins\Ad-Aware SE default.ask »ZIP »bt12.bmp - error - password-protected file

(I'm using v2.50.25 on XP Pro... latest defs)

2. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Now there is no option how to exlude files from on-demand scanning...

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try running nod32.exe /exclude=c:\progra~1\ad-aware. However, this is not recommended because NOD32 would not detect any threat in that folder, if there was any.

4. alglove

alglove Registered Member

So the command line flag "/exclude" can also be used to exclude folders? Does it also exclude subfolders? The reason I ask is that the online help for version 2.50 says, "Excludes a single particular file from scanning, multiple files can be selected using wildcards."

It would be nice if you could make exclusions through the user interface and save them in a profile. Would this be something for the "future features" wish list?

5. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

6. burf

burf Registered Member

No, I don't want to exclude any folders, only particular files. I have 3 or 4 of them that create hundreds of such entries.
    Not the biggest deal, but can lead to a bit of carelessness, when one looks through the log for any strange behavior ;)

Thanks for the replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.