Size mismatch in metadata dump

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Phil Z, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil Z

Phil Z Registered Member

Hoping someone on here can help me.

I have Windows 7. Two external drives: one for media (2TB), one for backup (500GB). I have Paragon Backup and Recovery 12 .. but I can't get it to work.

I did a Smart Backup, then clicked Other Files and Folders, then clicked the user folder on my internal drive and a number of folders on the external media drive (total files to backup is about 200GB). Then I targeted the backup to save on the external backup drive, which I had just previously reformatted.

However, I get the following error message when I try to run the backup: "Size mismatch in metadata dump". Then Windows forces the program to quit.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

No good idea for sure but I would try doing the internal first, then re-running the wizard and doing the external and see what happens.

3. Phil Z

Phil Z Registered Member

Thanks very much for the suggestion. Unfortunately, no difference.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I tried Other Files and Folders, picked a few and when it was starting the actual backup I go a message that part of Paragon Backup & Recovery has stopped working. This is in Backup & Recovery 12 Home running in Win8.

I don't use Paragon for file and folder backup so I can't say if that is usual behaviour, if it is, it is obviously wrong!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.