silent uninstallation of nod32 via gpo shutdown script

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by murdamcloud, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murdamcloud

murdamcloud Registered Member

Hi I have scripted the install of nod32 so that clients get the correct config etc and the reboot after install.
    I need to work out how I can do the reverse but I can't find any documentation on switches for setup.exe except /uninstall which is fine but I want it to be silent and completely non-interactive.

TIA

2. murdamcloud

I think that the silentmode switch may work here but I am running into problems with the uninstall(this is for testing before deploying nod on our network)
    as now I am being prompted for a password when manually uninstalling.
    I didn't set a password. is there a way to update the config.xml so that it gets pushed to the client?

3. GhostMan

GhostMan Eset Staff Account

Maybe this can help.

Control Center - Mirror - Setup - Setup - Add configuration package with requested changes and update clients from mirror.

4. murdamcloud

Thanks ghostman,
    will try that.
    Do modified configs not get pushed to clients if a new task is setup of type 'configuration'?
    I can't seem to actually get my custom made tasks to run-even though I seem to be settings them up correctly.
    The task doesn't run at the time I specify for the config to be pushed out.

5. murdamcloud

Okay, have worked out that the remote admin section of the client was not properly setup-eg the Connect remote administration was not enabled.
    now i'm going to work out how to get this done automatically when installing. I guess I need to play with the configs more.
    Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.