Silent stand alone build

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by phlash, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phlash

phlash Registered Member

ESET noob here.....A little preface here: We are a school that uses an appliance that checks that students have installed and updated service packs, AV, etc. If they do not meet the specs they get put in remediation till they fix thie issue(s). The remediation network presents them with a screen to allow them to download and install the items they need off of our network so that when they try to register again and get on the production network. One of those items is AV software. In the past we have used Symantecs AV but it has become so bloated we choose to move to a new AV with ESET 3.xxx.

Question...I'm trying to build a standalone installer to put on the appliance in both 32 and 64 bit. I can create/copy the builds to an standalone .exe that works fine EXCEPT that we want it to install unattended as the Norton's product we have used in the past. Using Orca (an MSI editor) I can't find the flags to keep the little hellions from changing things during the installer (make it unattended). I want this package to to run start to finish with no user intervention using the MSI package and config.xml that ESET builds when one does a copy. What are the flags within the MSI to do this? The config.xml offers no such option that I can find.

Thanks in advance.

2. phlash

phlash Registered Member

AnyOneo_Oo_O

3. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

4. duijv023

duijv023 Registered Member

I guess you would add the forced reboot too (also in the same document)

Greetings from Holland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.