Shutting down the computer after NOD32 scan?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ToXiCaTioN, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToXiCaTioN

ToXiCaTioN Registered Member

Hey, I was wondering if there is anyway I can shutdown my computer automatically after NOD32 has finished scanning? If there is a way and anybody knows about it please let me know!

Thanks!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's not supported yet, but we'll consider it in future versions.

3. ToXiCaTioN

Is there a non-ESET program that I could either create or download that shuts the computer down for me?

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Since there isn't a way to know exactly how long it will take to finish a scan with NOD32, its hard to schedule a shut down and make sure it doesn't get cut off.

You could write a batch file and schedule it to shut it down at a specified time.

in XP: Like this: open a notepad file. Type "C:/windows/system32/shutdown.exe /s /t 30" (without the quotes) then saved as a batchfile, then go to scheduled tasks and pointed a new task to the batch file.

I would do a full system scan as normal with NOD32 and see how long it takes to finish. Add some time and make the batch file trigger after that time.

5. Ronin12

Ronin12 Registered Member

There is an excellent free program that I have used for years, which works with 32 and 64 bit systems. Unfortunately, I believe the author's site does not exist any longer. Try searching for ShutDownPro 1.138 by Kurt Zimmermann. The program has a decent amount of options and it is something I have found to be a valuable part of my system. The legitimate program shows a red square icon with a power symbol inside. I hope this helps.

6. shansmi

shansmi Registered Member

you could setup a windows scheduled task....event triggered on launch of a scan plus say 1 hour or however long it takes for ESS/nod32 to scan your system?

7. ToXiCaTioN

Is there anyway, in a batch file, to start a NOD32 scan? I was thinking of making a batch file that detects a certain day and if it's that day (like Wednesday) it would start a scan and after about an hour and a half (it doesn't appear to take the scan more than 30 minutes to an hour) it would shutdown the computer. If it wasn't the day it would shut it down.

Any ideas?

8. Capp

Capp Registered Member

9. ToXiCaTioN

Okay I figured it out:

Code:
    CD C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\
    ecls C:\ /adv-heur /adware /arch /auto /boots /files /mail /no-log-all /pattern /quarantine /rtp /sfx /subdir /unsafe /unwanted
    Thankfully it works, but I am having some troubles which I am using Visual Basic to get the date and I was wondering if I could open a program with Visual Basic? Does anybody know how?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  10. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Just transfer your VB code to a notepad page and save it as a file named: something.vbs. This will execute your VB code as a script.

11. ToXiCaTioN

I was able to figure it out. Thank you for this, it can offically be closed. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.