Shutdown Windows' Servers

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by WSFuser, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

link; info:

discuss

2. securityx

securityx Registered Member

I do believe you meant to type services in your headline. Shutting down Microsoft's servers may cause a bit of a problem with the folks in Rddmond. :)

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The headline is regards to the name of the program....Shutdown Windows' servers

4. securityx

securityx Registered Member

Bubba,
    Yeah, I see that now. How weird. I am guessing it was made by programmers not real familiar with the English language. It doesn't make any sense using "servers" as opposed to "services." Strange.

5. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Sorry Bubba i didn't realise this App had been posted before. Looks interesting though now that Samuria has gone !

StevieO

6. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

I'm not so sure. It looks like the program is designed to stop services which provide server functionality for various TCP and UDP ports, and as such, strictly speaking, it should probably be called Shutdown Windows' Server Services, which is a bit of a mouthfull...

Hell, the guy looks to be very familiar with English as he's got the elusive apostrophe is the right place in the name! ;)

It looks like a useful app - I'll give it a whirl, although my PC is already pretty secure, having Windows Worms Doors Cleaner, Computer Security Tool and other such tweaks already in place.

Has anyone else tried it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.