ShadowProtect Questions

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by TheKid7, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I am looking at Imaging my home PC's hard drives for disaster recovery. I have not tried ShadowProtect yet but feedback appears to be good except for the price. Also, I have never used any imaging software. Please answer the following questions.

1. Does PowerShadow support writing to DVD Dual Layer Disks?

2. Are there any know conflicts with software that would cause problems with ShadowProtect? My typical "active" security software is as follows:
    NOD32 2.7x & 3.0x, Windows Defender, LinkScanner Pro, Windows XP SP3 Firewall, SpywareBlaster, Spybot S&D Immunization.

Possible future Security "active" Additions:
    ThreatFire, Comodo 3.x (No Defense+)

3. I have a RAID1 Server. Is there a list of supported NIC cards or do you have to just try it to see if it works?

4. When you Restore the Image to a New Hard Drive is there a partitioning/formatting step or do you have to do this some other way?

Thank you.

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi TheKid7

1. Shadowprotect does support writing to DVD. Not tried Dual Layer though. I would recommend getting an external USB drive as they are so cheap.

2. The only known conflict I know of was earlier versions of Shadowprotect would BSOD if Acronis True Image was installed. Shouldn't be any problems with your current or future set up.

3. Shouldn't be a problem with Raid1, but testing to see is best bet. You also might want to check the server version.

When you test it be sure to get the full evaluation version. Go to each product's individual page on the site, don't download the trial, but use the request full valuation version. Ignore any warnings in red and fill out the request. They do this as they have to pay a royalty to Microsoft for every copy they give out.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.