Shadow Protect problems

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by djg05, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Unfortunately after being a foundation ATI member,I started having speed, recovery disk and restore problems.
    When the quoted restore time is given at 2 hours and nothing moves on the bar-time to move on.Could well be computer unique.
    SP has a few non life threatening bugs which can be worked around or ignored,but by and large has proved reliable-lets hope it stays like that!

2. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

That works reasonably well, not that long ago I had some time on my hands and reformatted and partition my desktop to separate data from system, Installed XP and fd-isr and then updated the primary snap fro an archive to return the system to the way it had been before, but now on a partitioned drive, longer process than an image restore obviously since you have to go through an XP install, but perfectly workable.

3. Hairy Coo

Quite right-if you are not fortunate enough to have FDISR-then SP is at least an ISR substitute owing to its speed and its capability to schedule silent backups every 15 minutes.
    Of course it doesnt quite have the other imaginative possibilities of FDISR,but cant see why for example,spotless baselines,images on any subject or with another OS cant be utilised.
    You could keep a whole library of images on unlimited subjects,quickly interchangeable,just like FDISR, not just boring backups.
    Just keep the current SP image-format and install an OS only on a different image and use that as the base.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  4. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Owe to the very fast backup/restores its almost as easy to play with say 10 or 20 different setups a day !! Nobody does that but its possible. Yes SP is the name !

5. Hairy Coo

Huupi

Yes I think SP has a lot of possibilities which haven't yet been explored,apart from straight backup/restore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.