Shadow Defender

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Retadpuss, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Good ol Tony, efficient work! :thumb:

2. s23

s23 Registered Member

there is a link for the beta? is a open beta? i want try shadow defender and maybe add it to my setup but with the currently version it slow a lot my PC... high I/O.... strange... i wanna see if with this new beta this occur too.

3. alloucho

alloucho Registered Member

{Edit - linked snipped - as far as I can determine, the beta is still not public - Blue}

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2009
  4. s23

s23 Registered Member

thx very much alloucho

5. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

hi all

why use and pay for any kind cripple of boot to restore software (SD,Retrunil , deepfreeze)when u can use rollback RX that do much more like handle restart installed software?

i use SD for some time but find Rollbac RX better and more advenced

cheers :)

6. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Perhaps it's because RollbackRx and related products use a fundamentally different approach which, to be perfectly candid, has secondary consequences with respect to available data recovery options that some users simply don't want to deal with.

Advanced is in the eye of the beholder. What might work for you simply doesn't work for all of us.

Blue

7. s23

s23 Registered Member

@ demoneye

Mainly because i can't make rollback/EAZ/Ay recovery/CTM work in my machine - How i say in the CTM thread where i search for help - and until now i cant see wtf is wrong. There is something with my HD even if i wipe it and the MBR and start all from the bare metal after windows install occur some disparity between disk size and sector count - comproved with the partitions apps in the Hiren's boot cd - Maybe is this that make the rollback action in the subsystem freeze - and Even with rollback/EAZ/Ay recovery/CTM i think is room for SD - they work in different ways and can serve the user in different situations - for a cyber caffe or a school for example SD (with all the options provided) is set and forget... with rollback you need order rollback.

Anyway the new beta is working right - until now no slowdows/high I/O anymore. Not sure if i will add it, not sure if it can add something that steady state or returnil free already do which is protect the system partition from my little brother (not from malware)when he play some ROMS - but is a very good app no doubts with alot of easy of usage.

thx all for the help

8. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

hi

did u submit a support ticket over rollback / eaz fix web site?
    if not u are welcome to do so , they provide much help in hard cases.
    sec , what ever SD can do rollback like software can do and more , even serve in cyber caffe or a school like u said .
    if u are using SD coz your pc doesn't work ok, its not you to choose that, its coz your special own HD problem :)

cheers

9. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

As for exploits and vulnerabilities of any certain light virtualization software like SD, Returnil, Deep Freeze, etc. I think the odds of being targeted at just the right time, against just the right LV app is so far remote as to be irrelevant. Something theoretically possible and something actually happening at just the right time and all of that - it's like the odds of any other risks in life, LONG. The risks of being struck by lightening are very real, but the odds are with you by a long way. Something possible against these LV apps? Yes. Something actually happening to you and your system with your particular app? Not worth the time to worry about.

Light Virtualization, an anti-executable, data in separate partition, behind a router = I'm Safe.

10. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

First they are two different types of products, but second, Shadow Defender has worked perfectly for me, and Rollback for me has simply proven unreliable.

11. s23

s23 Registered Member

demoneye thx for the suggestion - I tried rollback/EAZ/Ay recovery only in trial mode and if i'm not wrong they only provide support for paid users. I opened a thread at comodo forum but looks like the problem is at my side not with the app.... i cannot wish some "fix" from the company if the problem (looks like) is with my hardware. I'm planning in the next 1-2 months buy a new HD and put this old only for store installers and games... if the problem still... i will report it in eaz/comodo support.

Thx for the help.

12. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Exactly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.