Shadow Defender free today

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by genieautravail, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

About registration. In addition to what Pete 123 said in post#24, if you are not getting a reminder to purchase, it means your installation has been properly registered .

Bo

2. bo elam

Re: Giveaway of the Day - Shadow Defender 1.2

I use both programs and think both are great. In my opinion, they should not be compared since Sandboxie is an application sandbox and Shadow Defender is a Light virtualization program. I use them for different purposes and never crosses my mind to think of them as being similar. In my case, Sandboxie keeps the system intact while I prefer to use SD for trying programs out.

Bo

3. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

For those of us who re-image on a fairly regular basis, the vast majority of GOTD offerings are pretty much useless because they cannot be reinstalled as fully activated applications.
    On only a few occasions has there been something I wanted from GOTD that had a real activation key with little or no limitations. Everything else I've tried will not reinstall or will only reinstall as a 30 day trial.
    You can get that pretty much anywhere.

4. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Giveaways are free (for certain time periods),,,and usually and rarely in this case SD has never been given as a Giveaway in my recollection, and clicking on the About button, their seems no place to enter any serial , for online/offline activation.
    Thats way better for me, if it does the job what its made up for,,,i am ok if it cannot be updated, i think the paid license user are eligle for updates and support !!!

5. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Once I have this folder you mentioned what's the next step? Can SD be activated with this folder alone? I would rather not use the GAOTD/Themida method if I don't have to. I've been using Returnil 2008 so this would be a welcome upgrade.

Edit: If I copy and paste the .tmp folder to my desktop do I just run the setup.exe? Will this install the activated/paid version or is there a key file involved?

6. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Since I used GAOTD a long time ago, I didn't know they have changed this method.

Innerpeace - after copy this file to desktop, try to change .tmp extension into .exe and run this new .exe file - it worked with previous GAOTD installers.

7. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Yes. Just run setup from the install directory after you cancel the wrapper. This version will activate with the name(s) you provide during the install. Note: you need to save the install directory in a safe place for later installs before the wrapper expires.

Al

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  8. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Please don't mislead others with misinformation. In this case the .tmp extension is not a file.

Al

9. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Thank you for your help Al!

10. topguynow

topguynow Registered Member

I tool advantage of this from GOTD back in May. Yesterday I had to use Last Known Good Configuration to get my laptop usable again. Now SD is asking for a password when I click on the icon to use SD. I do not even remember a password when originally downloaded from GOTD...Any help please. Thanks

11. bo elam

I dont know if it would make a difference but how about if you restore the computer to a few days ago by using SR. Whent I have used SR, SD has never asked me to insert the license again but keep in mind that I am using the paid version, not the one you are using.

Bo

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  12. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Uninstall Shadow Defender without Knowing the Password:

Source:hxxp://myrepairguide.blogspot.com/2012/10/disableuninstall-shadow-defender.html

13. topguynow

topguynow Registered Member

My apology if my post was not clear. I do not want to uninstall I want to be able to use it again. Also, I was going to try system restore but it is not able to successfully restore. Yes, I did scan with Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes and other on demand scanners. All clean.

14. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

@topguynow

I see. What I meant was you can uninstall SD without knowing the password and then re-install it if you have the setup file without the GOTD wrapper. There's nothing much I can help beyond that.

15. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.