Setup Failure! Unable to load insfw.sys

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by luozhiqi, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luozhiqi

luozhiqi Registered Member

error inscfg.exe

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, luozhiqi

Welcome to Wilders and LooK'n'Stop Forum.

See if this tread is of any help:- Insfwi Driver Error 4

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi luozhiqi,

Could you send us at lnssupport@soft4ever.com the information that is displayed in the dialog box that opens if you click on the "click here" link ?
    Also perhaps a DrWatson dump was created in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINNT\Documents\DrWatson\user.dmp, and this may be useful.

Thanks,

Frederic

4. luozhiqi

Actually I have spent 3 nights in researching the solutions. I read all threads about this type of setup errors.

Eventually I have determined to format my system partition - Drive C, and completely reinstall Windows XP Professtional OEM. The installation of new operaton system and the other application programs took me only one night.

Now Look'n'Stop v2.05p3 works well in my system. Thanks so much for your enthusiasm!

5. luozhiqi

Dear Frederic:

Due to my English keyboard, I could not type out the French accents in your name, sorry;)

In my opinion, the ZoneAlarm previously installed would probably the cause of the RAM crash. Unfortunately I've overnightly reinstall a fresh XP system a few hours ago, before the European Champion League match: AC Milan 3:1 Olympique Lyon, therefore now I lost the crash record data expected to be reported.

It seems that many users encountered the similar crash as I did. In addition, the LnS hasn't been updated for such a long period. We hope you could inspect the bug and fix, finally release a new version.

Thanks again for what you have contributed for PC users!!!

6. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi luozhiqi,

I'm happy to know you finally succeeded in installing Look 'n' Stop. I'm not happy Milan AC has won.
    :)

Regarding this statement: "It seems that many users encountered the similar crash as I did", are you sure ? Are you really talking about a crash in lnscfg.exe ? (FYI: this is only a configuration utility based on a Microsoft sample.)

About the updates, the real question is: why the other vendors have so many updates for this result:
    http://www.firewallleaktester.com/tests.php

Regards,

Frederic

7. luozhiqi

1.I am not sure how many users encounrtered the same crach. Whereas this bug, if really result from the ZoneAlarm, could be not unusual among those who change their firewall frequently.

2.Of course I was talking about the inscfg.exe, which fails to configue the start of insfw.sys.

3.It is obviously the advanced design idea leads to LnS's great success. E.g, Universite de XXXXX, my faculty, use LnS for the public computers online. However, you might have noticed that a freeware named "Jetico", which I've never heard of, got the highest score 23 out of 27 through the firewall leak test. That means LnS now is no longer the No.1 firewall. I expect LnS would develop the new driver to keep pace with the continuous update of network adapter's drivers.

Best regards,

8. SSK

SSK Registered Member

I'm not sure if I understand the tested settings completely, but it looks like LnS was not tested to its fullest potential due to the incompatibility between one of LnS's drivers and the testers WinXP 64bit system.

If I'm right, the test results are not complete. If I misunderstood something, please let me know :)

9. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi SSK,

It is not because of 64Bits system but because of the problem with NxBit/DEP protection. Otherwise, yes you are right.

However the version passing additional leaktest is the 2.05p3, and this one is considered as a beta version, and beta features need to be configured through a .reg, which is not so convenient. That's why also this is not considered by firewallleaktester.

Regards,

Frederic

10. luozhiqi

If v2.05 P3 is a beta version, then would you mind telling us the roadmap of development for new release?

Thanks in advance

11. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Got it. Thanks!

As luozhiqi posted above, could you give us a indication for LnS development / release? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.