Setup default OS to boot

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Ragnok, Jun 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragnok

Ragnok Registered Member

How can I make the boot manager always boot a specific OS by default if no selection is made? Right now it boots the OS that was used last.

Also, where can I find the list of changes for the latest build?

Thanks.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Ragnok,

Unfortunately there's no other way to customize the boot manager. If you are looking for an alternative, I would recommend modifying the BCD on the first OS to direct you to either the first OS or the second OS. If your first OS is Windows XP/2003, you can edit the boot.ini or use EasyBCD if it's Windows Vista/7.

3. Ragnok

Ragnok Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.

I'm surprised the recent version does not support this.

Before installing PPM, I used an older version of VCOMM's System Commander 8.0. I was able to choose a default partition to boot if no selection was made. I was also able to customize the text for each of the boot options. In PPM the menu text is based on the name of the volume. Unfortunately, it does not support Windows 7 so I decided to try PPM.

It seems that PPM still has some catching up to do. I'm really hoping they can incorporate these features in the next version.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.