Service Termination

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by n8chavez, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Is it possible for another application to termination another product that is driven by a service? I have used apps that are service driven before, namely LnS and Sandboxie. It is my understanding that apps such as these continue to function, because if the service, even if the gui is not running. Is that true.
    I'm still trying to decide between LnS and Jetico Personal Firewall 2. I like both but they are very different. JPF has a light HIPS, LnS does not. But is an HIPS really necessary when using Sandboxie, if it is properly configured, if services cannot be terminated by malware?

Let's says I use no HIPS, including Jetico. Would that be putting all my eggs in the Sandboxie basket?

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi n8chavez

Your are right Sandboxie is pretty darn secure. I would still want a firewall, unless behind a router. All I use is Sandboxie and Online Armor. I still have SSM on board, but in a secondary role.

Pete

3. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

In your opinion, would using SBIE without any sort of HIPS be advisable is service run application cannot be terninated?

4. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Well behavior blockers are never absolutely necessary. I use sandboxie, an AV and well configured firefox browser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.