Server Problems

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Triple Helix, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Londonbeat

Londonbeat Registered Member

Peter,

Thanks for info, is there an approximate date for when the new build will be released?

Londonbeat

2. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

Re: Server Problems?

My paid for AVG AntiSpyware 7.5.0.50 plus is stuck with the updates for March 22 - 700,520 signatures. The Ewido web site shows that it should be 703,040 signatures, but neither the automatic update nor the manual one works now. Why not please?

Sorry to hark back to the old Ewido, but there used to be the facility to remove all of the current signatures and download manually a full set of the current ones and install them. Does this facility still exist and if so where?

3. dcdc

dcdc Registered Member

Re: Server Problems?

That would be a nice feature to have in any AS application.

I also run the free version of a-squared, and in watching the daily update process I have noticed once in a while that they appear to download the whole set of signatures instead of a daily update.

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

My lifetime license version last updated on the 22nd, and here we are just a few hours until the 24th.
    I have found this very slow update for several weeks. Whatever the excuse, it is not updating in a timely manner, even for paid users.

Best,
    Jerry

5. dcdc

dcdc Registered Member

I have had fairly good luck here in the US the past few days updating in the evening, which is the wee hours in Europe.

I suppose this works because it's the time when there would be less traffic on AVG's servers. This is the same idea as trying to get a call through to a call center during the off-peak or slack hours.

Maybe somebody from AVG can give us some of their server traffic analysis as far as the best time to try and update. That information might be reserved for the paying customers though.:doubt:

6. Green Giant

I have just shut down AVG AntiSpyware 7.5.0.50 plus, downloaded the complete signatures from the link given by roddy in the Updates section of this forum, then clicked on 'update now having restarted AVG AS and behold the latest update was downloaded automatically. Signatures now total 703,040.

What is very disappointing and totally unacceptable, is the silence from AVG and the apparent absence of prority support, both from direct contact yesterday and through Wilders.

7. dcdc

dcdc Registered Member

Yes, I can sympathize with that if you are a paying customer.

I myself have been lucky and have been able to download updates the last couple of times, but as I am only using the free version for on-demand scanning at the moment, there is no sense of urgency in keeping current with the latest updates since they would confer no active protection from malware on my system if I had them.

8. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

I have not had a problem with updates.I only use manual,but check atleast twice a day.Im showing 704.188 right now on the plus version.

Now there was one day not too long ago i tried to check and it would not update,but that has been the only issue.It updated again not soon after.

9. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Mine is also showing 704,188 signatures :D

Attached Files:

10. Green Giant

I have at last received a 'priority response' e-mail from Ewido to my enquiry about the software not updating itself on March 23. Ewido say that they are updating their servers and to update the software by downloading from:
    http://www.ewido.net/en/download/updates/, which I have just had to do - again!

Why they could not make this announcement publicly on this forum to save angst I do not know. What was a very reliable compnay appears to have been acquired by Bouncing Czechs!

11. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

What do you mean with this?

Gerard

12. dcdc

dcdc Registered Member

That's a pun. A bounced check (or rubber check) is a check usually written with insufficient funds in the bank account that gets returned uncashed, i.e. bounces back.

Bouncing Czechs gives me this image of Cossacks dancing though.

13. Green Giant

Gerard,

Just continuing disappointment at the behaviour of AVG towards its paying costomers and a feeble attempt at humour.

Green Giant

14. dcdc

dcdc Registered Member

How about saying AVG has had a Czech-ered history of late?

Or maybe you would like to right a Czech?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.