'server not found' from offsite when using ERA

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by VeeHexx, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VeeHexx

VeeHexx Registered Member

we've had a user report that they cannot update nod32 from offsite. a test shows this is not just them having issues.

we have an ERAS, running the latest version (4.0.138.0) which has been inplace for around 2 years now with the same profile.
    Clients are running the latest nod32 BE (4.2.76.0)

ERA policy is as follows:
    primary RA: internal domain name
    secondary RA: external domain name

the RA connectivity step is proven to work, as we installed the client manually (onsite connectivity), which has a cfg file which sets the RA server. from here the test machine was put onto our offsite line, which then the full policy was downloaded and applied to the client (licence, update servers etc).
    obviously, remote connectivity to ERAS is working.

we also have the dual update schedule set as per this guide: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN761

primary updates: internal domain name
    secondary updates: eset servers

if a user opens mod32 client, and forces an update, they get an error "server not found".

i dont recall this being an issue when i first deployed it (albeit, a year or 2 ago when i last tested), so is this correct operation, and if not, how do i diagnose further?

2. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

You need to run the update task from the task scheduler.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Exactly. Manual updates do not use dual profiles, only scheduled updates do.

4. VeeHexx

VeeHexx Registered Member

that makes sense and it works! thanks both!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.