serious windows error! comp restart loop

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by NowhereToGo, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NowhereToGo

NowhereToGo Registered Member

I recently install PG free (latest version) on Winxp pro and when I restart my computer it would restart and be a neverending continous loop. So, I uninstalled PG and now I get serious windows error. So my question, I need to know EVERY modification applied to the system when installing PG so I can replace those files that have been corrupted.

2. linney

linney Registered Member

I can't help you with any modifications that might have been done by PG. But you have at your disposal System Restore to revert back a few days or System File Protection to repair any System Files.

Run the System File Checker program from the Run Box by typing.....Sfc /Scannow in it and have your XP CD handy.

You Receive a "System Has Recovered from a Serious Error" Message After Every Restart (Q317277)
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q317/2/77.asp

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

Here is the manual uninstall instructions for PG, but most important is to go to Safe Mode and remove Procguard.sys

1) Reboot your operating system into SAFE-MODE. To do this Reboot your machine, and just after your BIOS screen disappears keep pressing the F8 key. A menu should appear, select "Safe Mode" and press Enter.
    2) Run Process Guard's uninstall utility. You can see this from the Start Menu -> Process Guard -> Uninstall.
    3) To verify the removal, make sure procguard.sys does not exist in (c:\windows\system32\drivers) directory, and that procguard.dll and pguard.dat are not in your system32 directory (c:\windows\system32). If they still exist delete them.
    4) Reboot your machine and Process Guard should now be removed.

Can you then please run ASViewer from Safe Mode while you are there, and turn on the options to show all autostarts (or just press F2 F3 F4) then SAVE and email the text file to gavin@diamondcs.com.au , I will look for suspicious startups - a trojan could be causing the problem

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=asviewer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.