Seeking computer keyboard

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bellgamin, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

TARGET #1- I am seeking a computer keyboard with extra function keys that are programmable. There used to be one that was exactly what I want. It was the Focus KeyPro FK-9000 keyboard, but they don't make them any more.

TARGET #2- Also (if I can't find Target #1) can anyone point me to a keyboard for left-handers -- that is, one that has the number keys & arrow keys on the left side instead of the right?

Any help or links would be muchly appreciated.

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I use the Microsoft Natural 4000, and it's by far the best keyboard I've ever used, I wouldn't go back to anything else anymore. Newegg has them cheap (ironically the version without the mouse costs more). It doesn't have a ton of programmable keys, but it does have some along with a couple of pre-programmed keys for zooming and back and forward in your browser.

It's not a leftie, and I can't say I've seen a leftie, but you could always use an external keypad, maybe a gaming pad like THIS that will give you extra keys that you can configure.

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Thanks Notok. If I can find it at Amazon I'll buy it. (Had bad experience with Newegg a while back.).

4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

That's surprising, I've never known newegg to be anything less than stellar (as long as you don't go for refurbs or open box items). At any rate it looks like Amazon has a few, just search for "microsoft natural 4000". Big box stores often have them as well. I'm sure you'll like it, they're very smooth and easy to type on (quickly, and for prolonged periods) without strain.

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

Option 1:

I'm left handed and I solve the problem by using mouse with my left hand. It reduces the stress on the right hand.

Option 2:
    You could also flip the keyboard.
    And then place a small mirror in front of it so you see the keys right.

Mrk

6. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.