Security Task Manager VS WinTasks 5 Professional 5.0

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by 1+1=3, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1+1=3

1+1=3 Guest

which is better ? and why ?
  2. smf

smf Registered Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Really there is not much of a comparison. Wintasks Professional is pretty much an attractive task manager tied to a fairly comprehensive user supported database of process definitions. It doesn't really do that much more than a normal task manager.

Security Task Manager sees normal processes along with virtual drivers, bhos and hidden processes. Security Task Manager actually looks at several criteria to create a risk analysis for a given process. This doesn't mean the process is bad, but higher risk items are more likely to be malware.

I actually own both of these programs. If you want an attractive alternative to task manager with better process information then I would choose Wintasks. If you want a task manager for uncovering malware then Security Task Manager is a much better choice.

The next closest thing to Security Task Manager is TaskGuardian which has some unique merits but hasn't been around for very long. I like this program but I'm not convinced the developer will continue to enhance it.

Hope this helps...
  3. Lorry2

Lorry2 Guest

If you are a developer then you should use WinTasks. It displays more internal data of a process. For home user and admin I suggest Security Task Manager (
  4. Lorry2

Lorry2 Guest

TaskGuardian is a copy of Security Task Manager. (IMHO a bad copy...)
  5. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Oct 2, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.