Security Setup

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by RSpanky, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSpanky

RSpanky Registered Member

I have DenfseWall and Mamutu active,Also wwdc which is all disabled, Sandboxie Paid on demand. I am trailing Paragon Drive Backup 9. I have read that a Imaging App is the first defense, so I am wondering if there is anything else I need to be safe. I have Sp3 fully patched. Not sure if Paragon is what I want. Any others Imaging apps would be welcome

2. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I would recommend Acronis True Image. I've been using it for 3 years know, and it has bailed me out of a jam on several occasions. It's never failed me yet. I use Acronis True Image 11. I haven't used the latest version. I believe it is version 2009. http://www.acronis.com/

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

with DenfseWall and Mamutu malware is dead not a chance, you are cover

4. RSpanky

I've read a lot about DriveSnapShot don't really know what is the best. I'm trying to see what is best for my machine and setup, I have seen where Easter has so many partitions just wondering how it is done

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  5. Someone

Someone Registered Member

All the imaging apps mentioned are good choices, you can choose the one you like.

I would also suggest you add an AV.

6. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Macrium has a freeware which okay on XP http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp (I use Paragon by the way, got it as freebie with a magazine)

Make sure to devide your drive into a C-drive where you instal programs and a D-drive where you put your data.

I backup data with the freeby Syncback http://www.2brightsparks.com/downloads.html#freeware

Buy an external harddrive, put it off line for most of the time (I have it stored elsewhere, just in case, I do not mind when burglars steal our PC, that is insured, I can never get my holiday photo's and movies back) and do monthly backups.

With DefenseWall and Mamuto you are well protected.

7. RSpanky

Kees1958 I think that i am going purchase paragon but I'm not sure how to devide the C drive for installed programs and the D drive for my Data I am very new at this. And I do have a external Hard Drive that I keep off line

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.