Security program with the best UI?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Hungry Man, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I'm curious about which program you all think is designed the best purely in terms of the user interface, not the level of protection provided etc.

Which program has the best UI and why?

2. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

For me it would be comodo internet security.On the interface i can see exactly what is going on with the AV,HIPS and firewall.:thumb:

3. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

The 6 beta or the current 5.x?

4. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

For me, someone who likes simple UIs, I'd vote for (in no special order) Microsoft Security Essentials, Microsoft EMET, ExploitShield...I also used to like AVG 2012 UI (It was simple enough for a novice not to get too lost, IMHO.), but version 2013 is simply awful, and hard to read text if you got vision problems. o_O

By the way, can we include Chromium? :D

-edit-

Forgot about Sandboxie. :)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  5. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

V5.10.
    I havent tried v6 beta yet.Im going to wait until it is final.
    Ive seen a few people complaining about the GUI in v6 though.:'(

6. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

I like UI that's organized and allows me to change settings easily. Although I like a fancy and modern-looking GUI to an extent, I get annoyed if it compromises simplicity and functionality.

I also appreciate UI that's 'lightweight' - meaning to say that it does not require extensive use of graphic power or cause the security program to take more resources compared to the core feature/engine that provides the security.

Here are a few that I like (also in no particular order):

EMET
    Shadow Defender
    CIS 5.x
    Avast
    Sandboxie

A note for Sandboxie: The UI works for me but I think that it may seem a bit intimidating to a potential new user.

7. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

I'd vote for the current Avast release as well. There may be a lot to look at as you dig into settings, but none of it is overwhelming and would be easy for a less experienced user to figure out. I would put Sandboxie near the bottom of the list for both UI and simplicity in settings.

8. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.