Security Override

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by guitarelf, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarelf

guitarelf Registered Member

In the last few days, SpyBot S&D has found a red entry: "Windows security override". Is this because I have ZoneAlarm & Windows firewall is disabled? Also, most times when I log on to windows, the red shield appears in my systray with a balloon informing me that Norton AV is turned off. The balloon & shield disappear after a few seconds, I check Norton & all is well. Is there a link between these occurences & should I set SpyBot to ignore the security override entry. I have deleted the security override red entry so far. If I've deleted something I need, how do I restore it? :doubt:

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. guitarelf

Hello again, snowbound. The first of your two links looks promising. The grandchildren are coming round soon, so I'll let you know later how I get on. :)

4. snowbound

Have fun with the kids. ;) :D

snowbound

5. guitarelf

Thanks for the help, snowbound. I checked out the first link you provided & based on the evidence it provided, I performed the following actions:
    Opened SpyBot in advanced mode.
    Then: settings/ignore products/security sbi. There were six Windows Security Center entries, I checked one box. Will that do the trick? ZoneAlarm Pro provides my firewall, as far as I can tell, correctly configured, Windows firewall is off.
    Any time with the grandchildren is a joy, nobody told me being a senior was going to be this much fun!! :)

6. snowbound

I'm not sure as i don't have SP2 but if u have any more troubles with this issue just post back and we'll take another whirl at it. ;) :D

snowbound

7. guitarelf

Thanks snowbound, so far everything seems to be fine, but also good to know that help is only a click away,
    Very Best,
    guitarelf. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.