Security List

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by WilliamP, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

This morning I had an exe. wanting to start. I got a human ver. popup to allow and couldn't allow. I have an APC UPS and at start up it pops up a box that covers the HV box so I can't verify. Is there some way to get the HV box to allways be on top. Also the exe. wanting to start is in the protection list but not in the security list. How can I add it to the security list?

2. WilliamP

Come on guys ,surely someone has some ideas?

3. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

If the file is in your protection list then take it out. The next time it starts it`ll ask for permission and then click OK. Once it goes into the security list then you can have it set up to run once or whatever and also then you can move it over to the protection list. It`ll be registered in both lists then.

4. WilliamP

Thank you bj69. Is there any way to ensure that the Human verification box will be on top? This happens from time to time and when it does it locks everything up because if its not on top you can't clear it.

5. beetlejuice69

Sorry William, that one I don`t know. Someone`ll be around sooner or later.

6. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

Can you tell which exe wants to run and how to run it manually. If you can then you can set PG into learning mode and then run the exe. In learning mode the exe will run without the HV and will be added to your security list.

7. WilliamP

It was Playlist.exe which is part on Roxio Easy CD Creator. I don't know why it was wanting to start up on boot. It is in the Protection list. Playlist.EXE is running right now in Task Manager. How is it running and it isn't in the security list?

8. beetlejuice69

It`s running because it`s in the protection list. I use roxio too and I took it out of the protection list and the next time it needed to start I OK`ed it but didn`t check the box for always permit. It then went to the security list and then I changed it in there to permit always. It sure doesn`t need to be on the protected list. Hope this helps.

9. WilliamP

PG must have put it the Protection list. I have done as you said and it doesn't seem to try to execute, even when I open when I open Audio Central.

10. WilliamP

Oh well ,I removed it from the Protection list and rebooted. It is still running in Task Manager. Not it is not in either list.

11. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Human interface popups are from enabling Secure Message Handling on processes. This is not recommended without doing it ONE by one and experimenting, and thats after reading the help file and any threads you can find about it. Its a powerful option, yet very complex and unfortunately it won't work right on some applications. I recommend it only for enthusiasts, the protection offered is not as great as the main protection in PG (protected processes, execution protection, rootkit/physicalmemory blocking)

12. WilliamP

The process that was causing the problem did not have Secure Message Handling selected on it. The box would popup saying it wanted to execute and when I allowed, the human verification window would popup. Now nothing is popping up and playlist. exe is still running in task manager. And it isn't in either list now.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.