Security attributes stop restore in HD15 Pro

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Slaycock, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Slaycock

Slaycock Registered Member

I'm trying to restore a directory from a backup of a partition of 2TB in size. Part way through the restore (local disk to local disk) I gete the error message.

Some file have security attributes that cannot be restored! Please restore entire volume to avoid possible errors.

I'm not restoring 2TB of data to access a couple of MB of files. So how do I restore without getting this error message.

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

If they are system files that won't work from Windows? If not, select "show partitions" from you're container list, right click "mount partition" and use file explorer to copy the files.

3. Slaycock

Thanks wptski That seems to be working.

By the way. To the best of my knowledge there were no system files unless a thumbs.db or desktop.ini count (and are buried deep in the file structure)

4. Slaycock

<Sigh>. I knew there would be a drawback. I'm now getting the message that for some files the 'file name is too long'. This is for a directory deep in a file structure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.