Security Applications you would like to see in discount

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Fuzzfas, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

On popular demand, name the security applications that you would like to see in discount. (I imagine lifetime license won't hurt either).

Who knows, maybe someone that can do something about it will read this. :D

2. Creer

Creer Registered Member

1. ShadowProtect Desktop :thumb:

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i will love Mamutu be discounted to 99% or even free for life:D

4. wideglide36

wideglide36 Registered Member

Shadow Defender.

5. Fuzzfas

ROFLMAO! This is the most singular wish i have ever heard! :D

Then i will add mine too.

- I would like a Mamutu version without online activation.(yes, i know it's not going to happen).
    - In alternative, Mamutu lifetime license.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i love this one and to be honest i dont want to buy anymore software anymore;) i have 43 days left for the licence so soon it will be gone now i have a free licence for AsQuare antimalware ?does it include mamutu in the app?thanks
    note:i dont mind free software like comodo,online armor,spyware terminator etc;)

7. Tony

Tony Registered Member

+1 :thumb:

8. Fuzzfas

I like Mamutu too for the fact that eats almost no CPU. But i hate online activations. I have one which is Twister (oh and WinPatrol Plus) and i will have no more.

A Squared antimalware contains Mamutu built-in.

I too am quite full of apps for at least 1 year, but on Mamutu without online activation or lifetime, i could do an exception. :D

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thats cool that i wll be able to use Mamutu for another 6 months for free:thumb:

10. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hmm. Gee, I wish I didn't have to pay for the electicity for the computer either. But hey, then free rent to house the computer would be equally nice.

If anyone seriously thinks posting in this thread will cause anything to happen, then I have the Brooklyn Bridge for sale real cheap.

Pete

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

hey peter miracles happens:D

12. Fuzzfas

Dear Peter,

You as moderator, shouldn't promote flaming with sarcasm, correct? I threw this as a joke in SB thread, some people asked for it. If you think it's futile, instead of replying with sarcasm and irony, it would be IMHO much more "mature" to simply lock it. A mod should give the good example and avoid behaviour that simple members aren't supposed to follow. Can you imagine how the forum would be if everyone here replied with sarcasm and irony? I bet you wouldn't tollerate this from members...

Regards

13. wideglide36

wideglide36 Registered Member

Case in point: Today's Sandboxie deal on Bits du Jour.

This thread was starting to get fun Peter..........

Just the boys goofing around!

14. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

i'll go with peter on that :S making a post-poll like which product customers want a disount on is a bit......
    well lets just say no1 is gonna respond to that :p

if you are up to money saving,buy products with lifetime licences so you can save up to your grandchildren..sbie,mbam,dw(without support when it expires),sas,geswall and a few more are out there.
    cheers and peace!

15. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

A dual offer;
    I would love to see the Avira Security Suite for $19.95 (1 year- three computers)
    -and-
    Avira Security Suite with lifetime updates for three computers for $59.95 (I might even be willing to pay as much as $60.00) ;)

16. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

"If anyone seriously thinks posting in this thread will cause anything to happen, then I have the Brooklyn Bridge for sale real cheap."

Hey Peter2150;

How much do you want for it ?

17. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Shadow Defender Desktop ( A hefty discount needed here !! )
    KeyScrambler Premium

And .... Some heavy discount on my mortgage payment won't hurt as well ;)

18. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

also gasoline price reduce by 90%:D

19. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

That would be my choice too. :thumb:

20. lost24

lost24 Registered Member

Shadow Defender and that's it :)

21. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Mods on forums rarely talk, so Peter giving a few cheap shots, showing he is alive and kicking, hey good to read! ;)

I agree if Shadow Defender was free, it would spread like wildfire. Mamutu too. But then, there are already free versions, returnil and threatfire.

But then again, everyone is different, I don't mind paying for this stuff if it gets used. :)

22. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I would like to See Shadow Defender and Shadow Protect.

23. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

Why not organize drawing with prizes? Similar like giveaways on other sites.

I can't find that threat , but AFAIK there was some giving away of software on Wilders for it's members some time ago. I don't know whether was an holidays drawings or not but i know that was. Some of you may remember.

So maybe we shall made a poll for most desired programs and then(or before that, doesn't matter) the Admins and moderators should contact the Vendors about this.

This would be symbolic gesture rather than big prize giving and would both benefit: Wilders forum(and it's members) and companies.

What do you think?

24. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

HI peter.I say you never know but not likely. I just think How many security products gets mentioned in here so often,the ones worth speaking about anyways and a rep or the developer them selfs appear on the seens.Examples, besides Eset We have Defensewall,Drive Sentry,returnil,Prevx.malware Defender,the recent new kid on the block.O ya not to forget OA. Just to think wilders being the new Home for Returnil anything is possiable and just a recent free license for returnil premium for 1 yr.The way I see it the ones I mentioned above are reading,helping,listening to what folks like to see or desire in a particular product it could happen.To be within reason not asking for a lifetime license just a super sale even if its once a yr.Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  25. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi All

Yes, I am alive and kicking, and what I said wasn't intended as a cheap shot, but a way to get people thinking about what they are writing.

Lets step outside our own world for a moment and consider the vendor's situation. Yes, occasionally, vendor's give freebie's or offer promotional discounts, but that is a marketing tool, that can be effective in lieu of advertising. But....

Look for example at ShadowProtect. It's main market is Enterprise. They have a fairly good number of employee's who have to be paid. That takes income. Then think of a corporate customer who paid for the program, and how he'd feel if he came here and saw a significant discount. Therefore I'd bet the likelihood of that is slim to none.

Then there is ShadowDefender. Tony is one person working trying to provide an excellent product, providing support if there is a problem. Why should he do it for nothing. The price is very reasonable.

A good example of why this is flawed thinking is FDISR, well the original version. It sold for $69, is an excellent piece of software and was well supported. It was well know here, given the forum presence, and people complained it was to expensive. It was pulled from the market, because, while excellent, it simply wasn't a commercial success at $69 due to support costs. Ironically it might have sold more at a lower cost, but then the support costs probably would have been even higher. So discounting it wouldn't have made sense.

Folks ask yourselves this. No matter how you earn or come by the money you have, it probably takes effort. How would you feel if you were asked to make the same effort for little or no compensation. That in a way is what you are asking for here.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.