Secure zone full

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by asker24, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asker24

asker24 Registered Member

I did a full back up to my secure zone and, since then, have been doing scheduled incremental backups - always successfully. I thought that the program would delete the oldest increments when the zone was full, to create space for a new backup but this is not the case. It has just rung up "tilt." What does one do next? Secure Zone Wizard does not provide the answer.

2. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

Greetings asker24,

I don't use the Secure Zone, but, as far as I know, your problem comes from only making Incremental backups; the entire chain of one Full and all subsequent Incrementals is required for TI to restore. If Secure Zone were to delete any, it would need to delete the most recent; hardly the result you want.

The solution is to make a new full backup periodically, which should set the Secure Zone's file management into action. Here's a recent post from TheWeaz who explains Secure Zone's file management scheme quite well:

Re: Secure Zone just wants to get fatter!

And, another post, in which foghorne describes an excellent way to manage TI files manually, for those of us who don't use the secure zone:

Re: TI9 How to rotate out older image backups

Regards

3. asker24

asker24 Registered Member

Thank you. As I understand it, I s hould just do a full backup again and see what happens.

4. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

That should overwrite your intitial full backup, and begin the process again.

You might modify your scheme to include two full image backups, and incrementals chained to those, rather than relying on just the one. Then, you won't lose the only full backup you have each time you make a new one, and, you should have two to restore from, should one ever not cooperate.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.