Secure Firefox for Guest Users

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lionman, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lionman

lionman Registered Member

I want to secure Firefox for guest users on my computers. I don't often have guest users but when I do I would like to have firefox be as secure as possible without the user being able to change firefox's settings, at least as much as possible. I would also like to have firefox be as lean as possible for the guest user so I would only like the bare minimum of add-ons or whatever other settings in Firefox I need to change to make it secure from malware, phishing, etc. I don't mind a million add-ons for myself but for a guest user I only want what I need for minimum add-ons but maximum security.

I plan to put Firefox in a sandbox (SafeSpace in my case) but just in case the guest user tries to disable the sandbox I would like to make sure Firefox is still relatively secure. I still have resident anti-virus and resident anti-spyware and a firewall for all users. And, of course, all guest users have limited accounts.

Any suggestions on how to do this? Keep in mind, I only have a middle level computer knowledge.

Thanks in advance. Lionman

2. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

You could set the pc to boot into Returnil mode without any desktop icons or prompts showing.

Your other security seems quite good as is though.

3. HAN

HAN Registered Member

You might find the Public Fox extension useful. I use it on the PCs at work to keep users from changing settings and downloading specified file types. It's probably not unhackable but it's not too bad either.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3911

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.