Search Engines

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by hogndog, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

i suppose you can go ahead and use this with any application your browsing with many of you probably already do.. https://google.com in your address bar in the left corner you see a G followed by Google with a lock, click on that G it will open all of the information Google is or is not allowed to do to your machine, share your location, insert cookies etc after that you see choices, allow, ask, block etc.. Just click on the icon that says "More Information" you can change those settings by going to permissions, put a tic in the box or take one out according to how you feel about "setting cookies" "sharing location" Like i was saying most of you are already aware of this, if you haven't tried it yet go and have a look see..

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

I've looked @ those options by doing that, a number of times over the years, but never thought of making use of them, until now ! I just disabled cookies & images for Google, & it still works fine. Lots of other options too.

It doesn't just apply to search engines though.

Good post.

3. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

I assume the first post is about Firefox. In Firefox, you can also enter
    Code:
    about:permissions
    in the address bar to manage site permissions.

4. hogndog

Today i brought up Google "encrypted" search to check those settings i mentioned in the OP either they've changed or I'm not awake yet, but most if not all of the settings are set to "Allow" "cookies" "location" etc.. :sick:

5. hogndog

And your absolutely right CloneRanger it does apply to all web sites.. this is something different MrBrian but thanks for the input.. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.