screen smearing

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by zdr, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zdr

zdr Registered Member

Installed Prevx 3.0.5.220 yesterday. Security seems fine, but screen smearing evident with a couple programs. One is the Windows game Hearts and the other is a menu program called getStarted!XP. Problem is similar to case reported in this archived thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=256173. With Hearts the cards smear badly and the pixel break up makes the game unplayable. With the menu, the individual program icons are all surrounded by black boxes. The black background behind each icon disappears after passing the mouse across it.

My OS is Win XP Pro 32.

Downgraded security from Maximum to Medium, but that had no impact. Obviously, prefer not to tamper with security level.

Compared to protection benefit, these symptoms are trivial. Nonetheless it's an inconvenience. What do you suggest to eliminate interference.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    Could you please try uninstalling Prevx 3.0 and installing Webroot SecureAnywhere to see if it corrects the issues you're experiencing: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/consumer-trials.html

You may need to reboot after uninstalling P3 but this should hopefully prevent the smearing effect from occurring.

Thank you!

3. zdr

zdr Registered Member

Already purchased a Prevx license. If I uninstall and then replace Prevx with Webroot SecureAnywhere, is the license transferable to Webroot, and what is authorization procedure?

4. zdr

zdr Registered Member

Thank you for the suggestion.

First, I unloaded Prevx. The symptoms disappeared. Second, reinstalled Prevx and the smearing returned. Clearly, Prevx is responsible for the interference.

Uninstalled Prevx again and replaced it with a trial version of Webroot SecureAnywhere. So far so good. No smearing with WSA.

One other odd feature about Prevx. After installation the computer clock was habitually gaining time. To be off a couple minutes or more in a 24-30 hour period is unusual. Every day my computer's clock was operating fast, which was not the case prior to Prevx.

Switching over to WSA appears to be the right move for me.

Respectfully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.