Scheduled Tasks won't run in TruImage Server 9.1

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jonny Yen, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonny Yen

Jonny Yen Registered Member

I'm a newbie to TruImage Server so I'm hoping this one will be real easy. I've scheduled a backup to run each night on my Windows 2000 SBS server but the task fails almost immediately after starting with an error that the password for the remote resourse is incorrect. I'm using a Linksys network attached storage device to write the images too. There is no security on the share. It can be accessed from the server and from any PC on the network. I've tried using the mapped drive letter and the UNC path neither of which work.

It is possible for me to manually create a full or incremental backup from the 'Pick a Task' menu. I can do this using both the UNC path and the mapped drive letter, so the problem would appear to be something to do with my Windows scheduled tasks. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

2. tarheel

tarheel Registered Member

In the Schedule Task Wizard you need to enter the name and password of a user (that has an account and administrative rights on the computer for which you are trying to schedule a backup). Note that the domain name and domain password must be specified if the user is a member of a domain and the domain user needs administrative or backup rights on the domain.

Bob...

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jonny Yen,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify if you specify login and password to access the remote share?
    Please let us know what operating system is installed on the destination server.

Thank you.
    --
    Anton Sherkhonov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.