Scheduled task does not run: Event log entry

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tlm, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlm

tlm Registered Member

I am new to Acronis, using the trial version, so perhaps I have mis-configured something...

I am running "Acronis® True Image Home® Trial version 11.0 (build 8,027)"
    On Win XP Pro, SP 2.

Let me start by noting that for whatever reason, timestamps appear to be off by 1 hour in the email notification sent by Acronis at the end of a backup task.

For example, I have a task scheduled to run daily at 6:00pm. The notification mail has a timestamp of 7:00pm, but arrives in my mailbox way before my system clock shows 7:00pm. The email contains this:

1 Information 10/31/2007 6:00:03 PM The "xxxx Database" operation started
    2 Warning! 10/31/2007 6:00:03 PM Priority changed to Low priority
    3 Information 10/31/2007 6:00:08 PM Locking partition C:...
    6 Information 10/31/2007 6:00:09 PM Operation has succeeded.

I mention the timestamp behavior as it may impact the assessment of the following problem (or maybe just confuses the issue?):

I have multiple tasks scheduled to run overnight:

"At 11:30:00 PM every day"
    "At 12:00:00 AM every day"
    "At 1:30:00 AM every day"

The 1st and 3rd tasks ran successfully I got email notifications.

The 2nd task did not appear to run. There are no log entries for that task and no email notification.

However, the system event log contains this entry:

11/1/2007 1:00:01 AM
    Scheduler can not run task with GUID "BC3C4C42-A6E4-426A-A393-E605B1692B54" and command "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageNotify.exe".

I have looked at both the file names and content in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts\*.tis but do not find that GUID value.

Any thoughts as to what is wrong?

Thanks

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If ATI names files, as in Bckup Locations, it time stamps the name one-hour off. It's either a Daylight Saving thing or just a wonk -- generally harmless.

di you try recreating the task that doesn't perform correctly?

3. tlm

tlm Registered Member

I had not re-created the task, but did so a few mins ago and scheduled it to run a few mins after I created the task. It has started and is running.

I'll change it back to midnight and see what happens.

I'd still be interested in understanding what the event log is about.

Thanks

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Just supposing here:

Sounds like something wasn't correctly entered in the registry -- perhaps when the taks was first created or it got jumbled later and that kept the scheduler from running the task. Even Logger picked up the error but, since the ATI task didn't run, ATI didn't log anything -- would have been nice if it logged the failed attempt to run a task.

Sometimes Tasks are, or get wonky and recreating seems to clear things up by resetting tags or registry entries. . .

5. rcbmrb

rcbmrb Registered Member

can anyone explain this warning "priority changed to low priority" it came during a successful incremental backup

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

This warning about 'priority changed to low priority' is just the information message and it indicates process priority for this backup process. Low priority means that backups would be creating longer but with the minimal impact on operating system performance, high priority would allow you to complete the task in the shorter time but with some impact on Windows performance. You can check settings for backup creation and set the priority you like. It's not recommended to set priority as high if you're creating images at same time you're working with the computer.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

7. charred_water

charred_water Registered Member

I was verifying one of my backup archives when a strange thing happened.

True Image 9 was running in the foreground when it suddenly minimized itself and appeared on the task bar. I right clicked on the task bar icon and it showed priority was low. I tried to maximize True Image by rightclicking on the task bar icon and clicking status. True Image would maximize itself briefly and then instantly minimize itself.

I could not maximize True Image. I could not tell it was finished until the task bar icon disappeared. When I restarted True Image it showed an error in the Log Viewer "Failed to read data from the disk. A possible reason might be bad sectors on the disk".

Could this be responsible for True Image minimizing itself?

Now when I start True Image, it occasionally closes by itself. I would like to know what kinds of problems can cause True Image 9 to shut itself down...

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello charred_water,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please check the hard drive you store backups on for bad sectors using "chkdsk /r" command on every partition on that drive.

If there are no errors, please make sure you use the latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. If you are already using the latest build, please try reinstalling the program.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log the way described in this previous post

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.