Schedule Scanning Issue

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Ultravires, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultravires

Ultravires Registered Member

Hey, i used BlackSpears guide to configure nod32 2.70 version on Vista, however when i ever i setup the custom scan and at the last part in the guide after i configure the part to schedule a scan and tell it to run the task, it does not seem to run the task, however it does seem to just slow down the computer as i can see in the task manager it is using up resources, but i get no dialog box window, showing me what is being scanned etc and since i get no window, i am not able to pause the scan or do anything. How can i fix it, so that it shows a dialog box comes up showing what is being scanned?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Ultravires, welcome to Wilders.

It sounds like you have set up a "Silent Scan", in which case it can not be stopped. You would need to set up a standard command line scan that pops up on screen if you would like the ability to stop it.

Cheers :D

3. Ultravires

Ultravires Registered Member

Hey Blackspear, you are right, after trying to setup the first scanning method you mentioned, i noticed that it did not seem to work for me and i used the second method, which i now realize that it says it is a silent scan, is there any way i can get the first method working? or is there anyway i can get the 2nd method working without it being silent? like i want to config it, so that the dialog box comes up, so i know it is scanning at the desired time and i am able to pause or cancel the scan etc. Oh yah, when i check nod32 system setup section it says the silent mode is off, but even though you are saying i am using the silent scan.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

It’s a matter of finding out what is fairly unique to your system. I would start by deleting the problematic scan and add a new one, this time only add the C Drive in to scan instead of /local

No, that scan is designed to be totally silent and unstoppable.

The first part refers to no notifications by NOD32, the 2nd part is to do with scanning; so 2 separate functions.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.