Schedhlp.exe copy fail creating VistaPE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by seekforever, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I'm trying to make a VistaPE CD with DD10 and TI11 using Mustang's plugins.

I keep getting a FileCopy failure when it tries to copy Schedhlp.exe. The log entry is:

FileCopy - Failed to copy [%pTextBox7%\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE\Windows\system32]

I assume that: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis is represented by the variable %pTextBox7%.

Anybody else have this problem and knows how to fix it?

2. mustang

mustang Developer

I think you have a permissions problem in Vista. The WinBuilder folder needs to be in the root of the C: drive and WinBuilder must be "Run as Administrator".

3. seekforever

My apologies, I forgot to mention I was doing it on a XP SP3 machine.

I just tried it on a Vista PC and got the same result. I have the Winbuilder folder in the root and I ran it as Administrator.

I restored XP SP2 to the XP SP3 machine, removed TI10, installed TI11, Winbuilder and ran it again with the same Failed to Copy error.

The file is in the right location but....

I do get full marks for consistency:D !

There really is nothing unusual about these machines AFAIK.

Any other ideas?
    Thanks.

4. mustang

mustang Developer

I see the problem. You need to open xTrueImageH11.script with Notepad and change the line that does the file copy from pTextBox7 to pTextBox6. There is only one line that references pTextBox7 in the CopyFiles section.

Sorry, that was a typo in the new VistaPE scripts for TI10 and TI11. Sadly, the mistake has been out there for two weeks and you are the first to report it. Thank you very much. I've uploaded corrected scripts. No need to re-download, just make the edit and let me know if the problem is solved.

5. seekforever

Thanks, will let you know.

6. seekforever

That fixed it!

Have an error when the VistaPE CD starts up with TI11. I get the TrueImageMonitor.exe error saying that it has requested the Runtime system to terminate it in an usual way. Not really necessary to run TI but any idea where to look for this solution?

VistaPE CD was built on a XP SP3 system. MS Vista Upgrade DVD used as Vista source.

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  7. mustang

mustang Developer

I've run a full test of VistaPE with TI11 using the new script. I got no build errors and TI11 ran in VistaPE without errors. Check to see if fox.dll is present in X:\Windows\System32 when you boot to VistaPE. If it is not, you might get that error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.