Sceduled task intermittently runs at the wrong time

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jr4939, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr4939

jr4939 Registered Member

Hi - I'm running Acronis True Image 7.0 (latest Build 63:cool:. Usually its daily incremental image task runs fine at the correct early AM time, but unpredictably, it doesn't. Instead, it runs several hours later. There is no preceding error-marked run on such occasions, and the log simply shows the time of the actual (late) run. The computer is always on, and the run times for other kinds of scheduled tasks are set to avoid conflicting with the Acronis task. Does anyone know why this is happening and/or any way to maintain the correct scheduled time?

Thanks in advance,

Justine

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Justine,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that we do not support Acronis True Image 7.0 any longer because it is rather old version. You may download free trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 from our site and check whether the problem persists. If there are no problems you may purchase the upgrade to Acronis True Image 8.0 at our on-line store.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. jr4939

jr4939 Registered Member

Re: Scheduled task intermittently runs at the wrong time

Thanks for your reply. - I'd thought the Forum was for all Acronis True Image users, not just users of the current version. - I purchased my current copy of Acronis True Image less than a year ago, and its predecessor version about 6 months before that. Is it necessary to purchase a new version every time one is issued?

4. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Re: Scheduled task intermittently runs at the wrong time

Justine, you are most welcome to post your questions here. If you look at my signature, you will notice that I am still at TI 6.0 :)

Unfortunately, TI 6.0 have no built-in scheduling support (and no incremental imaging either), so I am not able to help you. Either wait for someone else who might have experienced a similar problem, or - you could try searching the forum for problems with scheduling. Who knows, you might be lucky and find a solution or a workaround...

Edit: Something in here?

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=47277&highlight=Schedule
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=272520&postcount=4

5. jr4939

jr4939 Registered Member

MiniMax, thanks for your helpful note! Alas, no wisdom gathered via the links, tho a search on "scheduled" suggests that I'm lucky the scheduled task executes at all, and on its own, even if at the wrong time :) - Think I'll start keeping track of the problem's frequency before succumbing to the lure of a new version.

Justine

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Justine,

I am sorry for the probably offensive tone in my previous post, I didn't mean any rudeness. The Forum is for all Acronis customers who want to share the experience or ask questions. However, this is our Official Support Forum that is why I need to explain that we cannot investigate the problem you described. For those customers who have purchased older versions of Acronis True Image we have a system of discounts that is implemented via upgrades. If you have the serial number for older version (in your case it is Acronis True Image 7.0) you may purchase upgrade to Acronis True Image 8.0. In fact the upgrade is the fully functional Acronis True Image 8.0 with the only difference that you need to have Acronis True Image 7.0 installed or just serial number for it to be able to install the latest version. And of course, the upgrade is cheaper!

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.