Scanning archives.....

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kairii, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kairii

kairii Registered Member

I'm confused as to why scanning archives is not an option in AMON, but is it available in IMON. Seriously, i just don't get it. IF the reason to leave it out of AMON because of a performance hit (system slow down, thats what i think) then it is adsurd. IF it is, then theres no reason for it to be implemented into IMON either, right? Because scanning archives with IMON will slow things down for sure. BUT the fact is that it is available in IMON, WHY isn't it available in AMON?

o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

laters...

2. sard

sard Registered Member

With IMON the archive will only be scanned the first time it is downloaded to the PC. If it's enabled in AMON, every time you select an archive it will be scanned which can lead to serious slowdown. I don't see why it's not an option though for people willing to live with the performance hit.

Either way NOD32 doesn't scan self extracting archives so AMON will always be the last and most effective line of defence when you access the archive.

3. kairii

kairii Registered Member

well, at least, the nod32 pple could have put the 'scanning archive' in AMON as an option, and leave it off as default, so for those that want to enable it they can. this way every body is happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.